Plenty

Plenty
Acrylic, Mixed Media Collage

Monday, January 02, 2006

I Will

I will take the time to stop and gaze upon
the burnished chest of the resident hawk,
while I am waiting for the sun to drop
and pastel the watered blue.

I will wait for the mountain to radiate,
for the sea to quiet,
for my heart to steady,
for the return of peace.

I will slowly relinquish control
over my tiny world and set it free,
scattered thoughts flying up
brushing their curved wings against me.

I will remember that despite everything
the land and sea will forever be,
remaining long after we hurt each other,
long after we turn our backs on love.

I will take the time to be still,
moon balanced on my open palm,
the path of blazing light
beckons like the road to heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy- I will.... what a great idea for a new year start!